All Events / Creating a Profile of Purpose Workshop
Creating a Profile of Purpose Workshop
According to Harvard Business Review, executives were asked to name the most critical factors for promotion. A new top criterion emerged, eclipsing all others: visibility. More than technical competence, business results, or team leadership ability — these leaders agreed — visibility is the most important factor for advancement. However, recent research shows a large gender gap in self-promotion — with men rating their performance 33% higher than equally performing women. This self-promotion paid off: workers who rated their performance more highly were more likely to be hired and offered higher pay.
* What is the point of doing a good job if no one knows about it?
* How can you be more visible, reach your potential and increase your influence?
* How can raising your profile help you to be more authentic, create balance and make a bigger difference?
This workshop will be led by Dr Sam Collins, Founder and CEO of Aspire and recognised by her Majesty, The Queen as one of ‘The Top 200 Women in the UK to Impact Business and Industry’. Dr Collins is an international speaker, coach and best selling author and has been featured on the BBC, CNN, The Times and many more. Sam is known for her bold and supportive style and works with women who are seeking the stretch and inspiration to trail blaze new ways of creating bigger impact through content and an approach that is expertly tailored to you.
Benefits you'll gain:
- Learn a research based Aspire tool for raising your profile and visibility with senior stakeholders, customers and colleagues across your business and industry.
- Beyond 'doing a good job', understand the importance of being seen, heard, known and advocating for yourself and others.
- Develop your personal brand and know what makes you stand out, be unique and be different.
- Grow your self belief, overcome modesty and your fears about being in the spotlight to create a more empowering perspective on profile raising.
- Learn how career tips like “take a seat at the table,” “speak with authority” and “interject at meetings” don't always work for women.
- Identify your key supporters, influencers, mentors and sponsors plus those 'tricky' people that you need to influence to raise your profile and visibility.
- Learn about ‘Intentional Invisibility’, a risk adverse way to avoid backlash from being seen as too assertive when women are often expected to be nice, humble and collaborative.
- Understand about minimising visibility to create work/life balance. When there is no clear path to having it all, many choose authenticity and conflict resolution at home.
- Stop playing it safe, start raising your head above the parapet, taking risks and making more of a difference.
- Explore what you want to be known for in your life, career and workplace without being pushy, arrogant or selling your soul along the way.
- Learn how to say no, develop resilience and handle the 'Marmite effect' when people start to have 'love it or hate it' attitudes towards you or your work.
- Network with like-minded women leaders from across levels, sectors and industries and various organisational cultures.
- Understand unconscious bias on profile raising and what organisations need to do to advance women.
- Get out of the office for a day to focus on yourself, have some fun and challenge yourself. Helps to keep you on your toes and out of your inbox!
- Be exposed to new thinking and ideas that will create tangible benefits for yourself and your organisation.
- Leave the workshop with an action plan, support and accountability to make sure what you want to happen, happens post the event.
Covid Protocols and Cancellation Policy
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our event attendees, volunteers and staff members by implementing our safety protocols to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Please see here for the extensive plan set in place by our venue. We will also be requiring that people attending in-person provide evidence of a negative COVID test. We will also be keeping group sizes small. In the event of a lockdown, event tickets will be refunded without question and there will be the option to attend in person events virtually.
£397.50 plus VAT (Usual price £795 plus VAT)
50% special rate only until January 31st, 2022BOOK NOW
“Personally and professionally, the workshop was probably the best investment in training and development and a day of my time, that I have made over a 30 year career (which included a medical degree and an MBA!)."
Dr Penny Woods
Chief Executive, British Lung Foundation
“I just wanted to drop you a quick email following my participation in the Aspire Profile event. Thank you for impacting my life in such a positive and dramatic way!”
Managing Director, Pfm Medical UK Ltd
"THANK YOU for delivering such an inspirational and fabulous event. I’ve experienced a lot of different leadership development events over the years and whilst most have been good, some excellent … I was blown away by Aspire"
Director, CM Talent
“If I think back to the Aspire Profile event I did a whole year ago I can see the professional and personal changes in myself. I will be eternally grateful for your insight, wisdom and sincere belief in every single individual.”
One Ambassador, One Campaign
Find out more here. Complimentary rates are available for carers accompanying those with disabilities.
Plus an additional 10% discount for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
25% discount for 10 + people
Over 50% of attendees come to Aspire events with others.
10% discount on normal rate for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
10 people plus – email us now on firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote and discussion.
Over the past 20 years of Aspire, we have found that taking the time away from daily life and your organisation provides new inspiration, diverse perspectives, innovative ideas and an escape from ‘business as usual’ that surpasses an internal course or training event where everyone is from the same organisation.
“We had a really positive experience and we’ve received great feedback from our group of female employees who have participated in events to date. Would I recommend Aspire for Equality? Absolutely!” – Laura Howard, Global Lead HR Business Partner, IS, Astrazeneca
“A massive thank you for an incredibly thought provoking workshop….we now have 30+ women empowered to share some messages and learning in our organisation.” – Laura Simarro, HR Business Partner, Thames Water Utilities Limited
“It’s been a pleasure to watch the fantastic impact your work has had on our group, to watch people develop from what they have learnt from you and to see so many of them grow as a result of being part of your sessions. What you do is powerful. I too have learnt a lot, grown in confidence, altered my mindset and picked up some bright ideas along the way.” – Kathryn Kennedy, Leadership, Talent & Inclusion, The Home Office
“Over 300 female managers and partners have attended the course over time and the feedback has been incredibly positive. Reports of increased self-confidence, clearer vision in terms of building and progressing careers means a greater chance that these people will stay with us. That is very positive for them as individuals as for us as a business. A win:win.” – Mark Sherfield, Management Executive Partner, BDO LLP
“Great content, fantastic energy and a room full of invigorated, inspired leaders. Thanks for your amazing vision and for taking us all along with you. The vibe though Avtrade has changed since I stumbled across Aspire. Today we’re a force for change, inspiration and encouragement to leaders (whatever gender) and to all staff across the company.” – Tracy Keegan, Director of Contract Management, Avtrade Ltd
“Our group of female leaders are more confident, assertive, better networkers and thriving as a consequence of attending your programme. I am now counting on them to pay that forward by supporting, encouraging and coaching other women who are trying to find their purpose, voice and authentic leadership style in their careers.” – Elizabeth Vega, Global CEO, Informed Solutions
“I left feeling re-energised, re-focused and strong! I have already received feedback from other team members who attended the Aspire workshop who are applying their new-found techniques with positive impact and I am confident they will become a network of trailblazing women within our organisation and beyond.” – Diane Smith, Head of Talent, Learning and Development, Babcock International Group
Dr. Sam Collins, CEO & Founder, Aspire
Sam is a leading global voice on women’s leadership and change for workplaces, organisational culture and community impact. Sam has been named one of the ‘Top 200 Women to Impact Business & Industry’ by Her Majesty, The Queen, one of the ‘Top 10 Coaches’ by The Independent and ‘Leader in the Workplace’ in the Ogûnte Women’s Social Leadership Awards. She has contributed to The Financial Times, The Guardian, CNN, The Huffington Post, The Sunday Times, the BBC World Service and Psychologies Magazine. She is also the author of the Amazon bestselling book, ‘Radio Heaven – One Woman’s Journey to Grace‘ and is currently writing her second book “Rebellious – 21 Stories about Difficult Women”. Sam is originally from the UK and now splits her time between the US and travelling globally for Aspire events and programmes.